One of the most common questions Kim and I are asked is, “Who do you use for a (plumber, electrician, handyman, etc.)?” To help answer these questions, we decided to post a list of the professionals and contractors we use who help us to be successful real estate investors.
There are several important things you need to remember:
1. The people we have listed are among the best at what they do and give excellent service.
2. If someone is not listed on our website, it does not mean they aren’t great at what they do. Rather, it just means we are happy with the folks with whom we work.
3. Before you add anyone to your real estate investing team, you should first meet with him or her. If the person you meet with gives you a bad gut feeling, then you should find someone else with whom to work.
4. The best way to find excellent people to be on your real estate investing team is to ask other experienced investors whom they use.
5. Before you hire anyone, you should get at least three written quotes for the job or service you need performed.
6. With any contractor or professional, you should have a written contract signed by both parties BEFORE the work begins. The contract should list what work is to be done, the cost of the work to be done, and the time it will take to complete the work. The more detailed this contract is, the better.
Again, the best place to find great people to be on your real estate investing team is to ask other experienced real estate investors whom they use.